what season is your favorite?

This forum has been created for us to talk about Formula 1 and give our opinions. You can open your own discussions related to Formula 1.

Este forum esta pensado para que hablemos de Formula 1 y dar nuestras opiniones. Podeis abrir vuestras propias dicusiones acerca de Formula 1.
F1Admin
Site Admin

Re: what season is your favorite?

Postby F1Admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:03 pm

I respect your choice because you are a Button fan but.... as season 2009 was boring featuring Brawn GP winning all the first races because of that trick they played...
xxpammylanexx wrote:my favourite season was absolutely 2009, aka the brawn year. i've been a fan of jenson button for pretty much his entire f1 career and to see him win the championship this year was just amazing. what he and the brawn gp team did that year was an absolute joy to watch and to me, it really was the most perfect f1 season i can remember - and i'm mostly a red bull fan and got to see one of my favourite drivers win four world championships.
If you blink, you'll miss it.

xxpammylanexx

Postby xxpammylanexx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:21 pm

F1Admin wrote:I respect your choice because you are a Button fan but.... as season 2009 was boring featuring Brawn GP winning all the first races because of that trick they played...
xxpammylanexx wrote:my favourite season was absolutely 2009, aka the brawn year. i've been a fan of jenson button for pretty much his entire f1 career and to see him win the championship this year was just amazing. what he and the brawn gp team did that year was an absolute joy to watch and to me, it really was the most perfect f1 season i can remember - and i'm mostly a red bull fan and got to see one of my favourite drivers win four world championships.

i'm assuming you mean the double diffuser? i don't know, to me that was just clever. if i remember correctly, other teams had that too at the start of the season, but brawn used it better. i just thought it was entertaining to see a team just waltz into f1 and win the championship and have one of their drivers win the championship in the one year they were there, it's a great story. and let's be honest, i feel like the championships haven't actually been exciting in forever. especially since the mercedes have been so dominant.

F1Admin
Site Admin

Postby F1Admin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Yeah there are some boring seasons like 2011, 2013 and the Mercedes era but what about 2010 and 2012? Those seasons were decided just in the very last race. They were very thrilling seasons don't you think?
xxpammylanexx wrote:i'm assuming you mean the double diffuser? i don't know, to me that was just clever. if i remember correctly, other teams had that too at the start of the season, but brawn used it better. i just thought it was entertaining to see a team just waltz into f1 and win the championship and have one of their drivers win the championship in the one year they were there, it's a great story. and let's be honest, i feel like the championships haven't actually been exciting in forever. especially since the mercedes have been so dominant.
If you blink, you'll miss it.

xxpammylanexx

Postby xxpammylanexx » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 am

F1Admin wrote:Yeah there are some boring seasons like 2011, 2013 and the Mercedes era but what about 2010 and 2012? Those seasons were decided just in the very last race. They were very thrilling seasons don't you think?
xxpammylanexx wrote:i'm assuming you mean the double diffuser? i don't know, to me that was just clever. if i remember correctly, other teams had that too at the start of the season, but brawn used it better. i just thought it was entertaining to see a team just waltz into f1 and win the championship and have one of their drivers win the championship in the one year they were there, it's a great story. and let's be honest, i feel like the championships haven't actually been exciting in forever. especially since the mercedes have been so dominant.

absolutely agree on 2012! that's probably my second favourite season, even though it put me very close to a heart attack :lol:
2010 not so much though. i was super overjoyed for vettel, but living in germany, everything that year seemed to be about schumacher and i was just so annoyed by that because my broadcasts were super one-sided that year. no matter who won, it was always mostly about schumacher (who i never quite liked either)
i'm absolutely ready for the mercedes era to end though.

nandoalonso88

Postby nandoalonso88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:39 pm

In the previous decade, the 2006 Season. The fabulous battle between Fernando Alonso an Michael Schumacher is clearly what the F1 miss nowadays. The two best drivers on the top with the two best cars, differents tyres and lot of action on track.

Return to “Let's talk about F1/Hablemos de F1”