what season is your favorite?

This forum has been created for us to talk about Formula 1 and give our opinions. You can open your own discussions related to Formula 1.

Este forum esta pensado para que hablemos de Formula 1 y dar nuestras opiniones. Podeis abrir vuestras propias dicusiones acerca de Formula 1.
F1Admin
Site Admin

what season is your favorite?

Postby F1Admin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Tell us what season has been your favorite of those you've enjoyed in the past or you are enjoying now from this forum...
If you blink, you'll miss it.

lupin85

Re: what season is your favorite?

Postby lupin85 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:08 pm

I don't know!
I love Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna.
I don't know!
Perphaps season 2002 because MSC was always in podium!

iwatore

Postby iwatore » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:13 pm

I see you don't like thill!! hehehe
2002 was a boring season cause MSC won it very easily...
I prefer seasons such as 2007 or 2008 when the drivers fought for the championship...

lupin85 wrote:I don't know!
I love Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna.
I don't know!
Perphaps season 2002 because MSC was always in podium!

Hamrules

Postby Hamrules » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:47 am

Since I was amazed by how fast was the rookie Lewis Hamilton in 2007 (I became fan), I was very happy in 2008 when he won the championship at the last corner ! And he deserved it ! He showed his talent especially in Monaco and Silverstone.

I think seasons from 2005 to 2008 were nice, there were suspense and competition between teams.

iwatore

Postby iwatore » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 am

I totally agree with you Hamrules but I didn't like very much how Hamilton was on 2007 towards Alonso. I think he took advantage of being English in an English team and he played a little dirty. He was a rookie and if he behaved like one Alonso would have one more championship right now, don't you think?

Hamrules wrote:Since I was amazed by how fast was the rookie Lewis Hamilton in 2007 (I became fan), I was very happy in 2008 when he won the championship at the last corner ! And he deserved it ! He showed his talent especially in Monaco and Silverstone.

I think seasons from 2005 to 2008 were nice, there were suspense and competition between teams.

Hamrules

Postby Hamrules » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 pm

iwatore wrote:I totally agree with you Hamrules but I didn't like very much how Hamilton was on 2007 towards Alonso. I think he took advantage of being English in an English team and he played a little dirty. He was a rookie and if he behaved like one Alonso would have one more championship right now, don't you think?

Hamrules wrote:Since I was amazed by how fast was the rookie Lewis Hamilton in 2007 (I became fan), I was very happy in 2008 when he won the championship at the last corner ! And he deserved it ! He showed his talent especially in Monaco and Silverstone.

Actually, I don't know who did wrong things and who did bad things, but my point of view is that they were the two fastest drivers in 2007 and maybe also the two biggest egos ! Alonso wanted to be Nr 1 but it wasn't McLaren strategy (which I think is not good, not clever, this made them lose many titles) ... Both Hamilton or Alonso would have been champion if they had a N°2 in their team.

iwatore

Postby iwatore » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Of course McLaren wasn't right about the strategy, they let Raikonen to win in the end.
As a team you have to have a number 1 always. That's why Alonso (two times world champion by then) should have been number 1, but Hamilton is English so they were not bold enough to do what had to be done...
This year they don't have that problem I suppose :D

Hamrules wrote:
iwatore wrote:I totally agree with you Hamrules but I didn't like very much how Hamilton was on 2007 towards Alonso. I think he took advantage of being English in an English team and he played a little dirty. He was a rookie and if he behaved like one Alonso would have one more championship right now, don't you think?

Actually, I don't know who did wrong things and who did bad things, but my point of view is that they were the two fastest drivers in 2007 and maybe also the two biggest egos ! Alonso wanted to be Nr 1 but it wasn't McLaren strategy (which I think is not good, not clever, this made them lose many titles) ... Both Hamilton or Alonso would have been champion if they had a N°2 in their team.

jc loz

Postby jc loz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:58 pm

This is what I think about that season, 2008. McLaren made the mistake of let Lewis try to win no matter what or no matter how over Fernando. Obviously, this was clearly the habbits of Hamilton. Push, puch, push. But, yes- he had to respect a two F1 champ winner like Alonso. However as Lewis start the season making good points and in fact being a bit better than Fernando while he adapted to the team, McLaren didn't know how command these two pilots and, wellsaid, these two egos. They lost the constructors champ couse of their bad behavior in competition. Spying Ferrari. Was a bad year. Having the best car, great drivers and huge history. They spoild everything ignoring the leadership of Alonso and later risking Lewis race in China with his tires.

Luka77

Postby Luka77 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:22 pm

I'm not sure which season but i'll make the argument that from 2013 till now formula one has become kind of boring. This mercedes era is more boring than the Ferrari 2000-2004 era or the latter 1990's, let me explain.. back then the middle table teams such as Stewart, Jordan Jaguar Benneton Sauber,Renault and on, sometimes they produced a surprise and their battles were entertaining, nowadays it's hard to get excited about any race if it's not raining.

from 1997 till 2008 i'd say formula one was very entertaining..

xxpammylanexx

Postby xxpammylanexx » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:13 pm

my favourite season was absolutely 2009, aka the brawn year. i've been a fan of jenson button for pretty much his entire f1 career and to see him win the championship this year was just amazing. what he and the brawn gp team did that year was an absolute joy to watch and to me, it really was the most perfect f1 season i can remember - and i'm mostly a red bull fan and got to see one of my favourite drivers win four world championships.

Return to “Let's talk about F1/Hablemos de F1”